Zoom's Jooclass App lets teachers schedule and start meetings easily for open class sessions. Additionally, students can join scheduled meetings once they are created.
This guide covers:
- Free or Paid Zoom Account
- A Jooclass Account
- A listed class on Jooclass with session/s and at least one student. Learn more
As a teacher, once you have a session with at least one student, you will be able to see the session in your upcoming sessions page.
- Click on Session details to view your session.
- Make sure you are in Details tab. Click on Connect Zoom account.
- Login using your Zoom account.
- Verify the permissions the app requires and click Authorize.
- Once successful, you will be taken back to your class session automatically.
- The app is now ready to use.
Note: This installation process only needs to be done once per Jooclass account.
Using the Jooclass App
As a teacher, once you have installed the app, you can create zoom meeting from the session details page.
- Click on Create Zoom meeting to schedule a meeting based on the session start and end date.
- If successful, you will see a Join now button. Even though this meeting would most likely be in the future at this point, you can stil join now to check it out.
- Click on Join now button and you will be taken to your Zoom meeting as the Host.
Students in the same session will also see a Join now button. Clicking on this will take them to your Zoom meeting as a participant.
Note: Different meetings will be created for each class session, even if the sessions have the same start/end time or belong to the same class.
Uninstalling the Jooclass App
- Login to your Zoom account and navigate to the Zoom Marketplace.
- Search for Jooclass and click the app or navigate to your authorized apps via Manage Apps and choose Jooclass.
- Choose the Manage tab and click Uninstall.
- Confirm the dialogue and click OK.
Note: Uninstalling Jooclass App means you or your students cannot create new meetings or join previously created meetings.